Download a .pdf version of our by-laws
The mission of the Terre Foods Co-op is to provide the Terre Haute community access to organic and natural foods and products at fair value. Priority will be given to locally grown foods and handmade products. As a member-owned market, we are committed to serving the needs of the community while using ethical and sustainable business practices. We want to encourage the development of a local food system in cooperation with small farmers and businesses in order to sustain and invigorate our regional economy. (Adopted Nov. 2, 2007)
Our vision of the Terre Foods Co-op is to enrich our community by providing access to healthy, local foods at fair value while building a network of local providers. We endeavor to promote community well-being, environmental stewardship, and economic sustainability through cooperation. (Adopted Nov. 2, 2007)
Our goals are to provide the following:
• Organic and local food and natural household products
• Bulk spices and grain
• Storefront for easy access to these goods
• A place for the community to gather
• Education and resources about eating locally and naturally
A co-op is:
• open to everyone, even non-members
• owned and controlled by its members
• for the benefit of its members, to meet their mutual needs
The core of a cooperative business is member-ownership — with your membership, this will be your market.
Cooperatives are growing in popularity throughout Indiana. Help us bring a co-op to Terre Haute, for the benefit of our local growers, our local economy, and ourselves!